Pardon my French, but holy shit, I haven't posted here in over a month. I've thought about it a lot, but it hasn't happened. But don't take it personally. It's not you, it's me. I haven't even been reading my favorite blogs. I actually was scared to open Bloglovin because I thought my computer would explode while trying to load the millions of posts I've fallen behind on. I haven't even been on the computer hardly at all. But, now that things have settled down a bit, I'm trying to get things together. So yeah, here's what's been going on with me lately.
1. I mentioned in my last life update post that I was working in a local jewelry store. I'm still doing that, and really liking it. I moved up to full time and getting my first commission check soon! Having a full time job that puts me on my feet and away from home so much is a lot of the reason I haven't been keeping up with things lately, because I'm exhausted when I get home and I was having to come home and unpack and get things settled and also get some other important things done, so for a while there I basically had zero free time. Oh yeah, and I'm all moved and settled. I guess I didn't really say that.
2. I actually started writing a whole post about this move, but I felt like it got way too long and way too personal. So, we'll see if I can wrangle that into something appropriate to publish on the internet. If not and we're personal friends, call me and I'll tell you all about it.
3. Two of my best Blacksburg friends just moved away and I am so sad about it. Long story short, we were going to live together and it was going to be awesome, and then one of them was offered a post-Doc at MIT and they moved to Boston. Boo. I mean, obviously I'm really happy for them and proud of them and blah blah, but how sad is my life now.
4. In the midst of serious rain and post-friends-moving-away heartache, I got myself a library card. This has been the highlight of my life lately. Wow, I'm the coolest.
5. Mindy Kaling is my favorite celebrity at the moment. I will talk more about this in another post soon.
6. I am in the process of re-training myself to read for fun instead of just watching television, see number four. While in school for English, I had to read a lot of required material, especially after starting to teach. I read very little for fun during the school year because my eyes (and schedule) could only take so much. Now, I get to read whatever I want, and I do very little of it for my job. So it's time to start catching up, pronto.
7. Are you guys watching the Bridge? What do you think of this season? I felt like the first season was overall really good (I mean, I kept watching, didn't I?) but was really hit or miss episode to episode. This season has been so good!
8. I made this for a friend's birthday cake and it turned out heavenly. Highly recommend for chocolate lovers. Just make sure not to overfill the cake pans, and put a baking sheet under the cake pans to catch any drips. I did not follow that sage advice and almost burned down my kitchen, which is why I am passing that knowledge onto you. Yet the cake still turned out amazing, so all is forgiven (P.S. if you want to see what recipes I'm using, you should totes follow me on Pinterest).
9. I really want to invest in some artwork. Like not expensive stuff, just original artwork from talented but not famous artists. Sadly, this is not at all in my budget right now. I'm trying to pinch my pennies and pay down my credit cards like woah.
10. If you email me your address, I will send a piece of mail. I really want to get back into putting writing in the mail, but I don't have very many people's addresses. Plus, in a time of relative friendlessness (or at least, not terribly many friends who are geographically close to me), written correspondence sounds really appealing. Plus, who doesn't like getting real stuff in the mail?
11. I'm pretty sad that this summer is ending. I feel like between graduating and going directly to work, being totally broke, and having the rainiest weather ever, this summer just didn't feel like summer to me, especially the second half. But alas. Hopefully I'll have a more heartwarming and productive Fall.
I would love to hear what's been going on with you in my absence, friends.
Yours Truly, Jen