I was totally going to jump right in with a makeup haul today, and then I was like wait a hot minute Jennifer. It's been a bit since you blogged, and you should probably update the patient readers on what's been going on. Right? So, if you're reading this, thanks so much for sticking around. You are a much better reader than I could ever ask for. Onto the goods.
1. I'm presently working at a jewelry store, which is a really great, non-intellectual grad school detox job, and I'm learning tons and tons about jewelry and stones and metals and all kinds of stuff. The pay isn't stellar, but it's okay for now. I love the people I work with, and I'm having a lot of fun learning new skills. I can help you pick out a gift, engagement ring, or change your watch battery. Serious life skills, people!
2. I'm getting ready to move in a month (just a local move), but I'm so anxious to be all done with packing. I might have already started packing up my office yesterday. I'm trying to get the stuff I really don't think I'll need much in the next month out of the way and save the bedroom for last.
3. I bought the cutest bikini this year. I'm so in love with it. And since I've been all aboard the body image and self love train this year, I don't feel very self conscious in it. Cute bathing suits are wasted on the self conscious, don't you think?
4. I have been super addicted to playing games on my phone lately. Need to share some new finds soon! Plus I share sneak peeks at what I'm playing on Instagram.
5. I've been running twice a week or so in the evenings, usually with a friend. Having a friend to go with has turned out to be a great motivator, because you get to socialize and exercise all in one turn. So when I'm like I don't really want to workout right now, I can be like well I do really want to see so and so, and I want to tell them about x. So then I don't cancel. And my body thanks me. I actually look forward to running for the most part. Who am I?
6. Amazon Prime just added a ton of new music that you can stream for free, which is especially great if you have the app. Seriously loving it. Listening to so much new music right now, and revisiting childhood favorites with their 90s playlists. Definitely see a What I'm Listening To post in the near future!
7. Does anyone have a Kindle Fire? Amazon keeps running deals on them and I keep thinking well maybe...not that I should be spending money on that right now, but if you have one, let me know what you think of it.
8. I'm trying out the online dating thing and have mixed feelings about it. It's so different from just organically meeting people in life, and I'm not sure if I like having so much power to choose and so much knowledge about people before ever meeting them. People can be so great or not great on paper and so not great or great in person. It's so hard to tell which way it will go!
9. I'm actually growing out my bangs. Like for real real. I've tried and failed before, but I think it's really happening this time! Does this mean I'm all grown up?
10. I am the absolute laziest about doing laundry. Why? I love wearing cute clothes, and I have stopped minding putting them away because I get to listen to a podcast or audiobook then, but the whole bother of running them through the washer and dryer is the absolute worst. Since I'm actually working out now, I need to start doing laundry more frequently so I have clean exercise clothes. Or just buy more exercise clothes. Maybe that actually isn't the worst idea...
Between the new job, new work schedule, post graduation laziness, and summer fun, I just haven't been able to get a post schedule down. Apologies! But, new content coming soon. Promise.
Yours Truly, Jen