2. Spice rack- Every renter who cooks knows that with each new place comes a new spice solution. This is supposed to hold around 18 bottles, and I'm thinking I'll probably get two of them and that should cover most of my regular use spices. There's some wall space right next to my oven, so I'm thinking this will be a good fit!
3. Dish Drainer- Is is weird that I'm kind of excited to get a pretty new dish drainer? When it's just you it takes too long to fill up the dishwasher, so I see myself handwashing a lot, and this drainer looks like it would look nice on the counter as well as being functional.
4. Kitchen cart- There's a space between where the kitchen counter ends and the stove starts that I need a nice little cart for, and I'm leaning toward something like this. I would love to thrift something more affordable, but if I have to splurge, I think this is versatile enough that it will serve me well in future homes as well.
5. Knife Set- This one is really well reviewed on Amazon, and seems like a good, mid-priced set. I don't want to throw away money on knives that can't be sharpened (serrated) or that will get rusty too quickly, but I also don't have the big bucks for a professional set. This one should serve me nicely!
6. Anti-Fatigue Mat - Once, years ago, Andy and I were in a local kitchen store and we went up to the cash register and they had an anti-fatigue mat there and we both instantly noticed a difference in how we felt as soon as we stepped onto it. I remember my back stopped hurting and my body just felt less heavy. That one is like one hundred and fifty bucks, which I would gladly pump into my local economy if I could, but this just isn't a "necessity" that I can spend that kind of money on. I found some cheaper versions online, so I'm hoping one of those will give a similar effect. I'd love one for in front of my kitchen sink and one for in front of my bathroom vanity!
7. Streaming Entertainment Device - It's finally time to stop watching TV on my laptop. I'm trying to decide between the Roku, the new Amazon Fire device, or a Blueray with streaming capabilities. Tell me what you have and whether you'd recommend it!
8. Air Mattress - Because I'm moving into a one bedroom and I don't feel like my couch is good for sleeping on. Every apartment needs an air mattress for guests, right?
9. Tool Kit- Because I have very few tools. I don't even own a hammer!
10. Bathroom storage- My bathroom is nicely sized, but doesn't have a ton of built-in storage. Right now I'm thinking something like this (and it's for a great price at Bed, Bath, and Beyond right now!), though I may end up thrifting a wood piece instead. Just want some good shelving for toiletries and towels.
These are the top ten needs I'm looking to address right now, but I'm also in the market for low-light plants, new artwork, and a couple of other little things. What's on your household wishlist?
Yours Truly, Jen